Lagardère Unlimited offers a comprehensive summer internship program which exposes current graduate and undergraduate students to the sports marketing and event management industry.
The internship program focuses on the planning and production of the Citi Open, formerly the Legg Mason Tennis Classic. Created in 1969 by Donald Dell and Arthur Ashe, this ATP World Tour 500 & WTA International Tournament is held at the William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center in Rock Creek Park in northwest Washington, DC. The event is one of only eleven 500 level tournaments worldwide (only one in the US) and is therefore recognized as one of the top 20 events on the ATP World Tour. In addition, the Tournament is a member of the prestigious Emirates Airline US Open Series, the summer hard-court Tournaments leading up to the U.S. Open.
This is a 12-week program that takes place from late May/early June to mid August. It is a full-time, fully involved, learn-by-doing internship program for passionate, creative and focused individuals pursuing a career in the world of sports and entertainment marketing.
There will be six to eight positions available for the 2013 summer internship program that will focus on a variety of responsibilities that are integral components of the Tournament planning and execution. Below is a list of the available positions:
- Ticketing and Guest Relations Associate (1-2 available)
- Marketing and Special Events Associate (1 available)
- Partnership Associate (1 available)
- Suite Associates (2 available)
- VIP Hospitality Associate (1 available)
- Applicant must be able to receive academic credit
- Event management and sales experience preferred
- Must be willing to work long, flexible hours and weekends throughout internship
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Must have good time management skills and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously